Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heroes Bar & Grill

Friday night's group: 8 mean lookin' dudes (and Dr. Peterson)
Time of arrival: 11:15 pm?
Wait time: None to get in

So last Friday night was Bowling Night for Men's Chorus. Sounds a little lame, right? Well, it kinda was. 20 dudes playing pool and bowling at the Titan Student Union was not my idea of an exciting night. Fortunately, the pool tournament finished around 9pm which left us plenty of time for shenanigans. About eight of us were hungry as hell, so we headed towards Downtown Fullerton for food and booze.

Scratch that, make that nine of us. We managed to convince Dr. Peterson, our choir director, to tag along with us.

Mission: Get Dr. Peterson wasted.

So our first destination was Heroes Bar & Grill, which is probably the place to go if you're in DTF. We were starving so we wanted to sit down and eat, but we were told it would be a two-hour wait for a table. Screw that. We walked over to the Old Spaghetti Factory and within a couple minutes the hostess put together some tables for us right in front of the bar. Within half an hour, we were singing drinking songs and getting dirty looks from patrons at the bar. Can't speak for everyone else, but I was pretty happy. The garlic mizithra was delicious, the wheat hefeweizen wasn't bad so I had two, and I had a perfect view of two TVs with ESPN and ESPN2. About 5-6 bucks for a beer and $11-12 for the pasta. Dunno what Peterson had but he had a little buzz goin' on so he was happy. The hours flew by, and after dessert we gave Heroes another try.

This is where the fun really started. Everyone who's been there on a busy night knows what's up: loud music, no personal space, good range of beer, and peanut shells all over the damn place. Long wait for booze but it was worth it. As soon as the shots were poured, things picked up fast. Here are just a few highlights from those precious hours:

1. Nikita approaches a circle of four girls, gets in the middle, turns to face the one with the big ass and proclaims, "DAAAAMMMNNN, girl! I'd marry yo' brotha just to get into yo' family!" Crazy Russian.

2. Zack gets hit on by two older women. To put this in perspective, Zack is barely drinking age and these two ladies were both in their forties. One was average, but the other one fell off the ugly tree and broke all the branches with her face. Zack didn't care, he made out with both of them. They followed him out into the parking lot as we were leaving and we sorta left him behind. Not sure how he got home.

3. Jason tries to convert a drunk girl to Buddhism. No B.S. It was super-loud so I don't know how well that went. Who am I kidding? She was wasted, I don't think she remembered diddly.

4. Crying black girl charges at me, grabs my jacket, and screams in my face, "TELL HER YOU LOVE HER!" She kept repeating this until her friends found her and dragged her away from me. She also knocked over my beer in the process. My friends were laughing, but everyone else looked just as confused as I was. Bartender felt sorry for me and gave me another beer. Still can't wrap my head around this.

All in all, a pretty fun night. By the way, you're probably wondering what happened to Dr. Peterson. Well, he ended up sleeping in his car. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment